O, Miami, Edible South Florida, & The Kampong Present:
Forager Fête: a release party for FORAGER: A Subjective Guide to Miami's Edible Plants (Jai-Alai Books, 2014) and the newest issue of Edible South Florida magazine.
Stumble into special food from Miami chefs, including Ryan Harrison of the new Taperia Raca; Chef Bee of Oishi Thai + the new NaiYaRa (opening next year at Sunset Harbour in Miami Beach); and Thi Squire of Rock Garden Herbs
Sample two outstanding beers from New Belgium Brewing Company, perfectly paired for our dishes: Snapshot Wheat Beer and Rampant Imperial IPA
Explore the grounds of The Kampong on a "fast-foraging" tour with director emeritus Larry Schokman and plantmatter's Tiffany Noé
Discover FORAGER: A Subjective Guide to Miami's Edible Plants, the beautiful first book from O, Miami's new publishing house, Jai-Alai Books
Gather up copies of the new Edible South Florida issue
- 7 p.m. - Arrival. Please bring $5 cash for secure self-parking
- p7:30 p.m. "Fast Foraging" mini-tour of The Kampong grounds starring Kampong director emeritus Larry Schokman and plantmatter founder Tiffany Noé
- 8 p.m. - Creative Director Seth Labenz and Executive Editor P. Scott Cunningham provide a brief visual introduction to Jai-Alai Books, a brand-new literary publication house created by O, Miami
- 8:15 p.m. - An intro to FORAGER and the newest issue of Edible South Florida, featuring a Q&A with FORAGER authors Tiffany Noé and George Echevarria and ESF editor Gretchen Schmidt, plus a reading of food poems by Nick Vagnoni
- ANYTIME - Eat & Drink!
- ANYTIME - Pick up the new issue of Edible South Florida
Be advised: self-parking is $5 cash on site. Parking is limited so if possible, please carpool. The Kampong also encourages walking and biking!