August 21 - November 3, 2017
Have an idea to spread poetry as part of O, Miami Poetry Festival 2018?
Submit your proposal between August 21, 2017 and November 3, 2017.
How the process works
- Submit your idea + a bit about yourself
- We'll meet with a group of finalists one-on-one to discuss the idea further
- From that group, we'll select between 15 and 28 projects to pursue for April 2018
- Selected ideas will receive various levels of funding and production support, depending on need, scale of project, and other factors
For a sense of the kind of things we do, go the video page and start watching.
Full rules and regulations will be available via our Submittable portal beginning August 21st.
What we're NOT looking for
- Please do not submit a proposal for a reading of your own work. We do invite poets to read at the festival, but they are invited via an internal artistic committee. There is no application process.
What is O, Miami Poetry Festival?
The goal of O, Miami is for every single person in Miami-Dade County to encounter a poem during the month of April. Using an open-curation model that enlists the public as full artistic participants, the festival combines unique, site-specific events and readings with poetry-in-public-places projects to transform Miami into a canvas for poetry.