Ride the leading edge and celebrate the innovation and creativity of today’s most talented artists and composers in this evening exclusively dedicated to new work.
Celebrating National Poetry Month, noted poet Roger Reeves, joined by several Fellows, presents a new “choreopoem.” MTT leads the world premiere of his vibrant stage production for the “musical poems” of Niccolò Castiglioni’s Inverno In-ver. John Supko infuses his broken on the wheel of night for viola and electronics with a “brooding, nocturnal” vibe. Oscar Bettison, whose music has been hailed as "brimming with unconventional lyricism and a menacing beauty,” reimagines his Lights in Ashes in a new version for chamber orchestra. Don’t miss your chance to be part of history in this visionary program.
Join select NWS Fellows at 6:30 PM for a special Pre-Concert Chat about the evening’s program. For ticketholders only.
Saturday, April 29 at 7:30 PM
- Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor
- Patricia Birch, co-choreographer
- Stephanie Fuentes, dancer
- Luke Kritzeck, lighting designer
- Michael Linville, conductor
- Roger Reeves, poet
- Damian Sarno, scenic designer
- Clyde Scott, projection designer
- Benjamin Holliday Wardell, co-choreographer and dancer
- Dean Whiteside, conductor